Monday, June 17, 2013

Another Micro Dinghy - This time a 7 1/2 foot skiff bult by some teenagers

I'm a sucker for micro dinghies. This one was built by some young'uns to fit around a Laser 2 rig. I'm mostly laid back about the state of yachting today but if I was going to get on my soap box it would to bewail the homogenization of the Oppie/420 circuit and the complete lack of any original, creative thought from youngsters. I would enjoy seeing more kids going to town on some plywood, making piles of sawdust to produce something, anything to get on the water. Thankfully these two have restored at least a little bit of my faith in the younger generation. (Prediction, at least one of these builders will be a sailboat designer of renown from the 2020's onward.)



1 comment:

Romain BERARD said...

Seems fun, but the guy behind the camera should really invest in a tripod...