Monday, September 19, 2011

Australian Classic 10 foot skiffs; More photos

I get a kick out of this class. How they shoehorn three grown adults into a ten footer and then pile on scads of sail is my kind of crazy. Plus, class rules stipulate that all boats must be clear finished. I've posted before on this class (search over at this link ). From the class website, looks like they're launching two new hulls for their season so they must be attracting even more crazies. I've found more photos off the Internet (click on photo to enlarge).












(Click here to view more posts on Australian Historical Skiffs.)

2 comments:

Yankee-Whisky-Papa said...

The boat looks like Carroll Shelby got a hold of it. I LOVE the overpowered sail plan and the ludicrous bowsprit. I've been following this blog for a while, and this post moved me to mention how cool I think the whole thing is.

Baydog said...

The clown bicycle at the circus comes to mind when looking at these little skiffs. Or a dog that chases parked cars. So cool they are.