Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Long in the Tooth International 14 sailors Reminiscing

If you don't have a particular interest in these sea stories from two of legends of the U.S International 14 class, Alan Laflin and Eric Arens, it would best to move on from this post. These two following videos from SailGroove are quite long but, for me, they represent the very fiber of my very early dinghy racing career (I know, I know, Geezerdom talking about those olden days....boring, boring, boring). For many these videos might be a snooze fest; for me, fascinating.

Before proceeding, for background, it's best to link back to some of my earlier posts on Eric Arens here and over here .

Now watch the videos of two of class stalwarts from ancient (well from the 1960's) I14 history reflect on these past 50 years (Alan is on the left and Eric is on the right).

Visit sailgroove.org for more Videos


Visit sailgroove.org for more Videos


Here's a picture stolen from Yachting magazine (back when they covered sailing and sailboats) with Alan Laflin in the foreground, bashing back home after completing a race at the 1981 Annapolis International 14 Worlds. Big breeze for most of the week as you can see in this photo. To windward are two other International 14 San Francisco legends, Mark Adams with Chris Benedict crewing.



TOH to Eric and Alan and SailGroove.

No comments: