Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Directors Cut; YouTube, Mid Atlantic Small Craft Festival 2007

I've put 23 YouTube videos out there and I've thought that one way to utilize this blog is to provide commentary on some my YouTube videos, just like the Directors Cut in the DVD's you rent.

The first YouTube video I did was in December 2007; a slide show of photos from the 2007 Mid Atlantic Small Craft Festival in St. Michaels. I used Adobe Photo Elements Slideshow Creator to string together some digital photos. I didn't know enough to add music, so this is a silent video.



One interesting craft was an Adirondack Guideboat built out of paper shown at 32 seconds in. Building small craft out of glued up paper was a popular way of building small canoes in the early 1900's. I talked to the builder and he admitted it was very time consuming way to build and used a fair bit of resin.

My Classic Moth is featured going out to the sailing race on Saturday. They usually get around 60 boats of all types and sizes, with very few having any knowledge of racing rules, the starts are usually one of avoidance and trying to dig yourself out to one side of the course.

The end of the video shows three people showing geat interest (puzzlement) in some rigging on my Classic Moth.

No comments: